It’s typical for me to throw together some ingredients on hand to create a meal in a pinch. That’s why I call my kitchen “The Makeshift Kitchen.” John was coming home one night from work, and the kiddos and I had already eaten leftovers of the same meal John had taken for lunch. When I realized he wouldn’t want to eat the same thing for dinner (duh!), I came up with this quick meal. I can’t wait to make this again for me and the kids too!
Everything was in the fridge, so it was really easy and fast. I had roasted chicken thawed from the freezer, leftover homemade corn tortillas, shredded cheese and barbecue sauce. Read here for more about roasting chicken to keep in the freezer.
Start by spreading the tortilla with the barbecue sauce.
Add some chicken.
Top it with some cheese.
Place them in a skillet on medium heat.
Cover them to help melt the cheese on top.
Melted cheese – yum! The tortillas should be a little crispy.
Top with green onions and drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- Barbecue Sauce
- Shredded Cheese - I used a mexican blend
- Green Onions, slice tops only
- Ranch Dressing
- Spread 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce on each tortilla.
- Top with chicken.
- Cover with cheese.
- Cook in a skillet on medium heat. Cover with a lid and cook until the cheese melts and tostadas are crispy.
- Top with green onions and a drizzle of ranch dressing.
Hope you enjoy these as much as my hubby did!