These nachos were birthed out of a need to cut back on meat in our house. After eating one bite, I realized I was never going to make nachos with meat again. They are amazing! John even said to specify that he likes them better than beef nachos. That’s saying a lot from a guy. They are super easy and quick to make for one person or a crowd.
Start with a can of black beans. I used some that I made from dry beans in the crock pot and froze.
Add a little salt and 1/4 tsp cumin.
Add a Tbsp of salsa.
Add a 1/4 tsp of oregano.
Add a pinch of garlic powder.
Wash and dry some romaine lettuce.
Slice it in thin ribbons.
Chop a tomato.
Layer some shredded cheese on some tortilla chips.
Add some of the black beans.
Microwave to melt the cheese or bake in the oven on a baking sheet for a larger batch.
Throw on some lettuce and tomatoes.
Top with sour cream and salsa.
- 1 can of black beans
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp oregano
- Pinch of garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp salsa
- Romaine lettuce, chopped
- Tomato, chopped
- Tortilla chips
- Cheese, shredded
- Sour cream and salsa for topping
- Pour one can of black beans in a bowl.
- Stir in ¼ tsp cumin, a pinch of salt, ¼ tsp oregano, pinch of garlic powder and 1 Tbsp of salsa.
- Layer some tortilla chips and cheese and microwave or bake in the oven until melted.
- Add some lettuce and tomato and top with sour cream and salsa.
These are great for football season!