I don’t know if I’ve ever talked about how much I love kale. It’s my new favorite veg. I’m surprised I haven’t actually done a post on it. I love it as a salad, a sautéed side, in pastas and on pizzas. This was something I dreamed up before we had even cooked our turkey, and it did not disappoint.
Peel and wash four potatoes.
Chop them into very small pieces.
Place in a bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes.
Saute in a large skillet on medium high with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
Meanwhile, chop 1 cup of turkey. I used dark meat for this.
Turn the potatoes as they start to brown in the skillet. Add more oil if necessary and salt well.
Chop 2 cups of washed kale.
I had some leftover thyme from Thanksgiving, but you could use any herb you have – rosemary, sage or parsley.
See the pretty green color? The potatoes are browning nicely.
Add turkey and kale to the skillet.
Stir until kale cooks down a little and starts to wilt. Add some salt and cracked pepper. You could also add a little crushed red pepper flakes. I’ll be trying that next time.
Top with a fried egg and serve with a little cracked pepper on the egg.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup of turkey, chopped
- 2 cups of kale, washed and chopped
- 2-3 sprigs of herbs (parsley, sage, rosemary or thyme), finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
- fried eggs
- Microwave potatoes for 2-3 minutes. Sauté in large skillet until browned. Add herbs and salt to taste.
- Stir in turkey and kale and cook until kale begins to wilt. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add crushed red pepper (optional).
- Top the hash with 1-2 fried eggs.
Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend!