This is something my mom would make when I was a little girl. I don’t remember having it often, so it seemed like a special occasion when we did. It’s so easy and quick that you could make it all the time – for breakfast or for dinner. It’s a great for using up leftover ham from Easter, Christmas or Thanksgiving.
Start by boiling water and cooking 1 pkg of spaghetti, angel hair or linguini. Next dice a cup and a half of ham. You could also use bacon, sausage or pancetta which is italian bacon. Sauté the ham in a large skillet or wok.
Grate 3/4 – 1 cup of parmesan cheese. I have been known to use the shaker cheese in a pinch. Shhhh! Don’t tell anyone.
Whisk 5 eggs with a splash of milk or half and half. Add to ham in the skillet and stir. Drain your pasta, and when egg is mostly scrambled add the pasta to the skillet and combine well. Add 3/4 cup of the cheese and stir.
Top with remaining cheese and parsley.
- 1 pkg spaghetti
- 1½ cups diced ham
- 5 eggs, beaten
- splash of milk or half and half, added to the eggs
- ¾ - 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- parsely for garnish
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain when cooked.
- Sauté ham in a large skillet or wok until browned.
- Add eggs and stir until mostly cooked.
- Add the pasta and stir together well.
- Add ¾ cup of parmesan cheese and stir.
- Garnish with remaining cheese and parsley.
Serve it up and enjoy!
Everyone in your family will like this. Cheesy pasta, eggs and ham – how can you go wrong?
Hope this makes it into your family’s favorites!