Back in April, we made a raised bed out of our old box spring. We started by ripping off the fabric from the frame.
Arabella was digging for worms in the yard.
John ripped off the top pieces to use for boarding up the sides.
We left only the middle piece to divide it into two sections.
John cut the top pieces down to fit the sides.
We bought two 2 x 4′s to cover the front and back of the bed. There was some piece work to finish it off.
Arabella wanted to help.
Camden was all ready for the soil.
We filled it with soil and compost. It was about 28 bags total.
Look at this cutie!
This is the garden now after planting zucchini, peppers, tomatoes, basil, cucumbers, and corn.
We also have some containers of edamame, green beans, parsley and mint.
I don’t usually like bugs, but I left this guy hanging around because he probably eats bugs that would eat my plants.
We also have some sunflowers at the back of the bed about to bloom.
I don’t know if the corn will grow in a raised bed that well, but Arabella wanted to try it. Here is some beautiful silk.
So far we’ve picked some edamame and green beans. I can’t wait for some zucchini and peppers. The tomatoes are almost ready.